This weekend I was developing an MVC website, and publishing it to Azure.
Everything went well, until I dared making a small change to an existing stylesheet.
The small change was easy to spot on my local environment, but I could not make the change take effect on the production environment. After a lot of Googling and desperate attempts to deploy to Azure in different ways, I found that the issue proved to be the good old friend: Caching.
I decided to introduce version named stylesheets. My small style change was to be found in s stylesheet named: bootstrap.css
I renamed the stylesheet to bootstrap1_0.css and made the necessary changes in my BundleConfig file:
I deployed once again, and the change was effectful.